Your privacy rights
- At Harvey Woodworking, we understand your concerns about online security and privacy and appreciate the trust you place in our company. We seek to ensure that your personal and payment information is secure and your privacy is respected. We hope this policy statement provides you with answers to the questions you may have about our policies. If you have further questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect
- In order to provide the services you request, we ask you for certain kinds of personal information.
- For example, when you place an order on our site, order via phone or make a purchase at our stores, create an online account, visit our web site, request to “chat” with a customer service associate, or send us an email, you provide us with certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number and credit or debit card number. In addition to this information, we also maintain a record of your purchases from harveywoodworking.com, our catalog, and our stores. On occasion, we may combine information you provide with other information available to us from other reputable sources, including demographic information.
- If you participate in one of our promotions, contests, surveys, or provide product reviews, you may provide us with additional personal information such as your age or date of birth.
- In addition, for each visitor to the web site, our web server automatically collects the following non-personally identifiable information: your Internet service provider’s address, the referring URL, and information on the pages you access on our site.
Using information we collect
- At Harvey Woodworking, we want to provide you with the best possible shopping experience. When we take an order on the phone or when you make a purchase online or at a store, we use your information to process your purchase, answer questions you may have, mail catalogs to you, and provide you with periodic emails, mailings and phone calls about our merchandise and promotions.
- Currently, we also gather online information about your purchases and shopping activities to improve the content of our web site, to enhance your online shopping experience, to improve our product selection, and to use in future marketing and promotional activities for our web site, our catalogs and our Harvey Woodworking stores.
Information we share with others
- We may use third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Web site, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other Web sites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major web sites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. They do not know the name, phone number, address, email address, or any personally identifying information about the user. If you would like more information about this practice and your choices for opt-out, click here
- From time to time, Harvey Woodworking may also share information collected with other reputable third-party organizations whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and your choices for opt-out, click here
- On rare occasions, we may disclose specific information upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
- We also currently use the services of a marketing company to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our site. To do this, we use web beacons and cookies provided by our marketing company on this web site. The type of information we collect includes the areas of the web site visited and information about transactions made. By supplementing our records, this information helps us learn which of our products most interest our customers, and what kinds of offers our customers like to see. We may also use the data collected by the marketing company to conduct specialized marketing programs. As a visitor to harveywoodworking.com, you may “opt out” of the collection by such company of such data.
- If you do not want to receive emails from Harvey you may hit unsubscribe in the bottom of an email.
- You may also email us at Info@HarveyWoodworking.com.
- Please note, however, such requests may take up to 10 business days to process.
- If you do not want Harvey Woodworking to share information about you with non-affiliated companies, please email us at Info@harveywoodworking.com
- Please include your name and mailing address in the message. Please note, however, such requests may take up to 6-8 weeks to process.
- Please also note that when you order from us, we may still need to contact you with regard to questions or information about your order.
- It is our intent to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you. We use a variety of current technologies and processes for protection of our customer data.
- When you make a purchase, request a catalog or create an account on our website, your transactional information is transmitted in a safe, encrypted format. If you are having trouble with your browser, you can email your technical questions to Info@harveywoodworking.com, for assistance.
Privacy of young children
- We are concerned about the privacy of young children and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from a child under 13 years of age.
- We may, from time to time, use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post those policy changes on our web site. If you are at all concerned about how your information is used, you may periodically check our website for updates.